MY BLOG November 21
The Coolest iPhone Trick You Don't Know About
Stop wasting time with a robo menu
by Dean Ferraro, EA
Robo menus... AHHH!!!
I just called my sister and she has an extension phone line at her business. Determined to not have to go through the robo menu(UGGH!) to get through to her, I wrote down her extension number and found a way to add it to her Contact page on my iPhone.
This method is straight-forward, easy and literally takes 10 seconds:
- To begin, determine which contact you want to add the phone extension to.
- Then, in either your phone app or Contacts app, tap that contact.
- Tap the "Edit" button at the top right of the contact.
- Tap the phone number you want to add the extension to.
- Tap the "+*#" button at the bottom left of the screen.
- When the new options come up on the screen, you'll see a "pause" button at the bottom center. Tap that.
- That will add a comma to the phone number. After the comma has been added to the phone number, type in the person's phone extension.
Voilà! You can now call your contact without having to endure a robo menu and as an added bonus: call directly without having to interact with your phone again (great when multitasking).
Saving time= not giving away a chunk of your life to a slow robo menu.
Thanks for the tip MJ DeMarco!